Someone says, when you have bills to pay, a broken heart, or just having a bugger of a day, have a bite of a chocolate cake. Couldn’t agree more, we got curious over a No-Bake Chocolate Fudge Cake recipe we found on the internet. It’s quite simple and seems like it is almost-never-fail-cake to bake with. True enough, oven and its doodads is not required at all. Fear not fellows newbie bakers :)
Most ingredients should be easy to find in here, if they aren’t or maybe slightly too over for your budget, you probably need to lay in some supplies for cake emergencies.
Let’s make a cake!
Ingredients (serves 10-12)
- 225 gram chocolate (we mixed ¾ milk chocolate and ¼ dark chocolate), broken into pieces
- 1 cup butter (we used the salted butter)
- 3 tbsp black coffee
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 225 gram butter cookies, crushed
- ¾ cup chopped almonds (but you can use any kind of nuts you like, or maybe raisins)
1. Crushed the cookies (preferably the plain or vanilla ones), chopped the chocolate (we used the milk chocolate and a bit of dark chocolate to balance the sweetness) into pieces and the almonds into bits.
2. Prep the cake tin, grease the insides with butter and cover them with baking paper.
3. Melt the chocolate, butter, coffee and vanilla extract in a saucepan over low heat. Stir well.
4. Add the cookies and almonds into the mixture and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and let cool in the room temperature for 5-10 minutes.
6. When the cake is quite cold, put it in the fridge and let set for 1-2 hours. In the meantime, you could check the Mojito recipe on our previous post and make some for the refresher :)
7. After 2 hours, turn out and cut into thin slices to serve. Best served cold, thus keep it refrigerated.
Similar like happiness, cakes taste best when they’re shared. Not least because someone with a belly full of cake is more likely to help you with the washing up :p (thankies, Oslo!)